Saturday 22 June 2019

Solo Trip to Dusseldorf

Hi there! This time I will tell you my experience to travel abroad by my own - yes, a solo trip to Dusseldorf, Germany. This is my very first time to travel abroad alone, literally for fun and shopping. I have been travelling alone out of town but never out of Netherlands alone. So here we go!

Actually travelling on your own is so much fun, since you can do whatever you want to do during the trip. You can rest on the way, or you can just enjoy the scenery. For an introvert such as myself, it is very helpful in recharging myself during the trip and be super energetic once I arrived. But the problem is I am direction blinded. Meaning, I am so bad in direction, not even in reading a google maps. Frankly speaking, I almost being left by my bus to Dusseldorf just because I could not find where flixbus is parked in Amsterdam Sloterdijk, and it is still the very beginning of my trip. In addition, I got lost several times in Dusseldorf, but so far, I enjoyed the time where I can stroll around. Important tips for a solo traveler (and a direction blinded like me): always have your charger and your powerbank with you. It is crucial!

First of all, I decided to go on solo trip since I was so tired with my thesis progress, so I decided to make a one day trip out of the country to enjoy new ambiance. I chose Dusseldorf since the bus ticket is cheap and it only takes 3.5hours from Amsterdam Sloterdijk, which is not bad. Second, expenses in Germany is way cheaper than Netherlands, so this is one of the best thing you could go to. Third, I want to go for shopping to several outlets where only Germany has and Netherlands doesn't.
Chashu Shoyu and Green Tea
@Na Ni Wa Noodles and Soups

Dusseldorf is very popular with its Japanese food, which I don't understand why. But I visited one of the most crowded restaurant, Na Ni Wa Noodles and Soups. I ordered Chashu Shouyu for 10.5 and Green Tea for €2.5. This is so delicious, trust me. The queue worth the taste. I ordered extra pork and that is why in the pictures it is full of pork. If you order the regular size, it only costs you €9.5. There are a lot of Japanese Restaurant around the area, if you have time, you could try the other restaurants. It seems legit and very attractive too!











After having your stomach full, now it's time for you to walk around the area. Since I want to know and explore more, I decided to walk around without using any public transportation. I did this because I want to know small things and look around - perhaps something catch my attention. I am so grateful that I decided to walk rather than taking public transportation because I ended up seeing little things, enjoying the birds chipped, listening to people singing and playing instruments, watching the ducks and swans swimming, and many more. Plus, the black swan is real. I saw it by myself. It is way too big and terrifying. I tried to come closer to take a picture, but I ended up terrified and take a blurry one.

There are a lot of things  you can see around Konigsallee. They have a lot of buildings, ponds, parks, and of course, many stores for you to do shopping! Konigsallee area is quite wide. If you walk a little further, you can see more stores that you might interested. In addition, they also provide you a lot of range of stores. From the branded and high end products, to the medium low end products that are still affordable. For you who missed the bubble milk tea a lot, you should visit Dusseldorf to get the Chatime since we don't have it in Netherlands!



Then if you want to get a peaceful mind and see the black swan in a close-up, you can visit the park named Hofgarten. It is so peaceful since you could do a lot of activities there and they provide you a lot of bench. In addition, just beside the park, you can see a lot of restaurants and cafes serving you beers and snacks to chill under a perfect weather.








No comments:

Post a Comment